By Michael Lynch
This is an OCR counseled resource.
Give your scholars the simplest probability of good fortune with this attempted and demonstrated sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to heritage is the most well-liked, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level background students.
- helps the content material and evaluation requisites of the 2015 A-level heritage specifications
- includes authoritative and fascinating content
- contains thought-provoking key debates that research the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- presents exam-style questions and information for every suitable specification to assist scholars know how to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for quite a few classes including:
- OCR: Russia 1894-1941
Read Online or Download Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition PDF
Best russian history books
This ebook explains how kingdom associations have an effect on ethnic mobilization. It makes a speciality of how ethno-nationalist pursuits emerge at the political enviornment, strengthen organizational buildings, body calls for, and allure fans. It does so within the context of interpreting the frequent surge of nationalist sentiment that happened in the course of the Soviet Union and japanese Europe within the overdue Nineteen Eighties and early Nineteen Nineties.
Faith within the Post-Yugoslav Context brings jointly a various crew of students, every one of them focusing on the position of faith in a single of the Yugoslav successor states. as well as supplying the readership with the knowledge of either the final context (religion through the disintegration of the Yugoslav country) in addition to extra particular elements (individual post-Yugoslav states), this wealthy assortment enhances the present study within the fields of non secular stories and political technological know-how.
This e-book is set an extraordinary test via the govt. of Russia's Tsar Nicholas I (1825-1855) to get rid of what was once obvious as one of many maximum threats to its political safety: the spiritual dissent of the outdated Believers. The previous Believers had lengthy been reviled by means of the ruling Orthodox Church, for they have been the most important workforce of Russian dissenters and claimed to be the guardians of real Orthodoxy; in spite of the fact that, their industrious groups and strict morality meantthat the civil gurus frequently appeared them favourably.
The results of visits to Russia from 1930-1932, this publication, released in 1933, at a time while the social constitution of the realm was once in nice upheaval, covers quite a lot of the actions of Soviet Russia. a lot of the publication covers the Five-Year Plan relating to undefined, agriculture, labour, banking and the finances, yet felony, political and sociological points of the rustic also are coated.
- The Heart of Asia: A History of Russian Turkestan and the Central Asian Khanates from the Earliest Times
- The Mandelstam File and Der Nister File: Introduction to Stalin-era Prison and Labor Camp Records: Introduction to Stalin-era Prison and Labor Camp Records
- Producing Power: The Pre-Chernobyl History of the Soviet Nuclear Industry (Inside Technology)
- The House of the Dead: Siberian Exile Under the Tsars
- Romanian Counterinsurgency and its Global Context, 1944-1962
- Catherine the Great
Extra info for Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition
Access to History: Russia 1894-1941 for OCR Second Edition by Michael Lynch